You love photography, but you’re frustrated because you know you have it in you to be a better at your craft and run a more successful photography business. You could attend a large workshop or convention, and listen to dozens of speakers, but how will you apply what you learned there and measure your growth?
My mentoring program was created because I wanted to help photographers get from where they are to where they want to be. Together we will work to discover your strengths and your growth areas, then create a plan to get you there.
Personal Growshop – $1450
A Personal Growshop™ is an opportunity to learn in a hands-on fashion. We will spend a fun and productive day together starting with instruction and image review, ending with a hands-on photography experience to apply what you’ve learned.
- 5 hours of one-on-one instruction, image review and discussion
- 2 hour hands-on session, photographing alongside me as I explain my process
- 2 hour image review phone session of photos from session and your follow-up practice session
- a head shot you can use for personal and business purposes
– Additional hours available at $120 per hour
– I am available to travel – travel and lodging fees are additional
– Personal Growshops™ are not available for those in Minnesota wishing to learn equine photography
Coaching Session – $650
If you’re someone who learns best by doing, let’s do a session together and I can show you how I use light and location, as well as how I direct and interact with my clients. Then I will turn the reins over to you and act as a coach, cheering you on as you create great images. The session starts with a half hour consultation and camera set up, followed by two hours of hands-on photography.
Phone Mentoring – $675
Don’t live in Minnesota or have the time and resources to come of in-person mentoring? Then perhaps customized phone mentoring is for you. I have helped photographers who live as far away as Belgium and Germany! Sessions can be on any topic from the photography to workflow to business.
- 6 hour block of time
- used in half hour increments
- any topic you wish to discuss
Business & Workflow Consulting
Consultations are aimed at working professional photographers who would like to work smarter and improve their businesses.
- $125/hr by phone
- $150/hr in person (my home/studio)
- $175/hr on location*
Consultation topics include:
- pricing strategies
- marketing and business growth
- workflow for greater efficiency and more profit
- Lightroom editing techniques
- web site evaluation
- data backup strategies
- faith and photography
It’s nearly impossible to know what you don’t know. I believe the fastest way to grow as a photographer is to have someone else review your work and help you know what you don’t know. My critique style is positive and gentle, but honest, with my goal being to encourage you and give practical feedback you can put to use on your next photo session. These sessions can be done in person, by phone, or online using a online gallery that allows commenting..
- $200 two hour phone critique
- $250 two hour in-person critique at my home/studio
- $275 two hour in-person critique at your location*
*additional travel fees may be added for on-location consulting and critiques